Wednesday, September 19, 2007

He Fell Out of an Airplane?!?!

I think the best part of my job is hearing about peoples lives. In fact, I'm obsessed with the elderly population that we serve because these people are SO cool!

Today, I spoke with a man who fell out of an airplane. No joke! He fought in a war and took a jump out of a plane. His parachute didn't open, but fortunately he came away alive.

Yesterday, I spoke with the 100 year old man's son who told me that the old man is still a practicing attorney. Seriously, he's still taking cases! He also mentioned that he can hold a pretty mean debate about the war in Iraq. Sharp as a tack!

3 comments:

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

That's crazy talk. Abe Simpson and I fought together back in WWI and II. We wore a potato on our belts -- which was the style at the time. We were spanked by President Cleveland on two non consecutive occasions.

Older people have a lot of great stories. It's also great to see them "sharp as a tack."

My grandpa could send email and bought stuff online...

Wendy said...

I am obsessed with your life! I love the stories you have about the people you meet. I love that you value the stories they tell and don't just brush it off. So cool.