Friday, July 23, 2010

Three Weeks

Three weeks from today I'm getting married.

A few friends warned me about the emotions that would kick in around this time. I didn't believe them and thought, "that won't happen to me." But it has.

Most of all, I feel excited! I am head-over-heals, can't-live-without-him, absolutely-elated in love with Benjamin Roberts.
But I'm also feeling anxiety, stressed, and sad to be leaving the people and things I love in Virginia. The anxiety isn't so much about the changes ahead, but more about the limited time that I have to do the things I need/want to do before I go. I'm mildly stressed about wedding stuff - my stress is quite low until someone asks me a hard question like what do you want to do the morning of your wedding? Are you wearing a vale or tiara? Should the men in the party should wear a suit or a tux? Ok, so they're simple questions, but we're down to the details and they can get stressful! I think the sadness about leaving is self explanatory. Ben's fantastic. He lets me cry and says nice things to me to make me feel better. :)

Overall, things are good. If you are in the area, please stop by our going away party next Friday night. 7:30-9:30 at The Grove.

4 comments:

Erika said...

You are beautiful and I'm missing you already! Let me know if I can help you out in any way :)

Amy Lovell said...

You can do it...three more weeks is nothing. As for the emotions, they come, they go, and they come again, but before you know it you'll be married, and it's fantastic!! Good luck Charlie!!!

jessicalangprice said...

I LOVE this pic! Congratulations, you look SO happy! Did you know Mary is in Orem right now? Maybe you do, but I'm sure she would love to see you too. LOVE YOU, so excited for you!

Tracy and Odie said...

oh i am so going to be there! i love love love love love that photo of you two!