Monday, February 06, 2012

Hair Tie Trick

By far, the best pregnancy advice given to me is the hair tie to button your jeans trick.  It has extended the wear of my regular pants by months.  But now that our little man is coming in about 9 weeks, I just can't pull it off like I used to.  Unless my shirt is long enough, there's no making my favorite pants work anymore.  I finally started using the Boppy maternity belt my mom sent me months ago (I had no idea what it was for or why anyone would possibly want something that tight around them until now) and bought a pair of maternity pants at H&M last week.  I am getting used to the 10 inches of blue elastic fabric around my whole belly.  Good thing we're almost there.

5 comments:

Erika said...

I agree! I loved that hair tie trick when I was pregnant! I'm so excited that you are getting so close!

Tracy and Odie said...

You do realize that I was doing that months ago right? :) I can't believe you're just now getting into maternity pants. Love you!

Elise said...

Do you like H&M's maternity pants? I've never really found any maternity pants I like. And it is such a challenge getting them to stay up!

Yay for being almost done!

Rachel said...

you are so lucky! I am so short that I had to start wearing the full maternity pants at 15 weeks pregnant, both times! I also gave birth to two nine pound babies, though.

Kristen said...

ummm, I can't believe that it is taking you this long to wear maternity clothes!! that's amazing.