Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Flat 14ers

Colorado has 54 mountains that tower above 14,000 feet. It's a really big deal to climb them and they're known as 14ers. The Flat 14ers program is an initiative that will bring those peaks to the school district that I work for. We are hoping to get our students to increase their physical activity by challenging them to walk the equivalent distance of the real 14er trails in their neighborhoods, parks, and schools.

That's for work.

So conveniently, I'm roping it into my classwork as well. For an assignment in my Health Communication Programs class I have been writing a communications strategy for my district with a focus on promoting the Flat 14ers program amongst middle school students. My professor's feedback regarding the title for the program, which I mentioned in one part of the assignment without explaining it (I know, that's a no-no), is hilarious:

"What does Flat 14 mean? Girls do not want to be flat, they want to be curvy and guys want to be muscular?? Colorado is not flat!! Why only 14? Won't it appeal to 15 year olds?"

Haha! Her comment made me laugh. It was the exact feedback Ben gave me when he first heard about it too!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love it! Literal and to the point.