Saturday, March 26, 2011

Missing the Cherry Blossoms

The cherry blossoms in DC are a magical DC treat. They ring in the spring like a fashion show, each tree putting on its best blossoms for the new season.

I LOVE the feeling that I get when I think of that beautiful site. I laugh at some of my cherry blossom memories the 5 years I spent in DC. Jogging around the Tidal Basin with Amber, having a DTR with an ex-boyfriend, coercing a crush to join me there (ha!), FHEs on the Jefferson Memorial steps, lunch breaks in the park, the National Kite Festival, visiting the blossoms at 5:30am, taking photos with friends, visiting them with my mom, ahhhh, such good good times. I love spring.


I'm sad to miss it this year, so anyone who's out there, please, give those trees my hello. Amber, maybe you can do the Tidal Basin run for good times sake.

7 comments:

ANJ said...

ok you just motivated me. i will get it done this weekend.

MISS YOU!

Brittany said...

Hi old friend,

I just had to comment on this post because I am also missing those cherry blossoms and D.C. in general. Those were the days! I hope you're doing well with your "new" life! :)

Brittany

Stephanie said...

The Cherry Blossoms miss you too.

Tracy and Odie said...

ok i miss them so much too! but i miss you even more!

Cynthia said...

Hi Charlee- You always look sooo happy in every single picture. I'm so glad for you. Have just spent two months in Uganda and things are going on well. Now am in Malaysia for two months helping Emily with Baby #2 Anneka Catherine. Her Zach is 22 months now and a delight to be with. So, I'm smiling too. Miss you cynthia

Kristen said...

You two are so cute. We need to catch up!

Rene said...

I was thinking about you all day yesterday and, after a little hunting, found your blog. Charlie, I am so very happy for you and seeing your beautiful face made me realize how much I miss you. Please email me genesister@starpower.net

Much love,
Rene (from Georgetown Cardiology)