Saturday, September 23, 2006

Forget something?!?!

Sometimes I ride my bike to the office. Sometimes I run home from the office. Sometimes on Saturday mornings I run to the office to get my bike and ride home becuase I left it over night. So this Saturday morning, I ambitously ran from the concrete forest of Crystal City, along the Potomac, across the 14th Street Bridge, down the Mall to make the final length toward Union Station. On my way, I kept thinking about how tragic it would be if I got to my office and was unable to ride my bike home because I forgot my access key to the building. I felt for it in my running shorts pocket several times to reassure myself it was in there.

I got into the building and grabbed my helmet. I went down to the parking garage and as I entered into the dim yellow lighted area, I realized....

I FORGOT THE KEY TO MY BIKE LOCK!!

I took the metro home because honestly, 6 miles back did not sound fun.

No comments: