Monday, September 18, 2006

Rise and Shout!

One of the hardest parts of graduating from college and becoming what I like to call "a real person" is not being closely connected with the team any more. Sure, I check out the BYU website for sports updates, and fortunately, I am surrounded by enough fans of the alma mater here on the east coast that I keep up on the buzz of how we're doing. However, I genuinely miss being a fan. I get more into a game when I'm there. Gearing up in cougar attire, being in the stadium, and witnessing the battle first hand grabs my attention and is a full body experience not matched by my couch and TV. I went to Boston this weekend to quench my craving for fan-dom. BYU football played BC. The game was close. The Cougers had a great start and held it together, but then... well, let's move on. A few bad snaps and a goal post that got in the way of some kicks didn't help. Double overtime gave the game to the foe. Our defence was doing its thing quite well, and I must say that Beck, our QB, had a few really good passes.

No comments: