Saturday, August 02, 2008

Favorite African Music

I just thought about the night I went to the Entebbe Resort and ate fried fish and chips. The place felt like it was really swanky in its prime, but still held its respect even though it would now rank low on the scale of modern establishments. It seemed like it catered to sketchy behavior and likely hosted much of it over the years. Maybe the best way to describe it is by comparing it to Mr. Z's in Omaha, NB which is a restaraunt that everyone knows is run by the mafia. The gate to get in is thick steel white doors. The yard is huge and the tables are set up with great distances between them. This is all beach front and has the allure of some 80s beach bar. I had a celebrity sighting there. Bobby Wine - Uganda's foremost popstar. He had an entourage of about a dozen gorgeous women and a few men. I watched him get into his pimped out Escalade and drive off. He had vanity plates that said something typical of a hot shot singer, but I can't remember it now. Anyway, one of his songs was popular on the radio and often got stuck in my head. I found it today on YouTube! Enjoy:

No comments: