Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Teaching Kindergarten

I taught kindergarten for a few weeks this summer to do something with my unemployment status. I thoroughly enjoy kids and learning. The glimpse at good ole school days made me nostalgic and question my choice of profession. Here are a couple stories from July 11.

School was awesome today! Today I was in Pre K and the students are crazy. We learned about oceans and when a picture of ocean animals was shown, one student pointed to a whale and said, "That's an orca whale, sometimes it is more commonly known as a killer whale." OK, Mr. Smarty pants! This was the same boy who put on a dress during "choice time."

Today was Fantastic Friday and we started the day with drawing pictures of what we would do if we could do anything on a fantastic Friday. I saw lots of swimming pools. One kid said he would rather watch TV so he drew a TV. When I asked him what his favorite TV show is, he threw both fists towards his head, crinkled his nose, and in a crackly voice he said, "Oh brain, why don't you tell me these things... what is my favorite TV showww?" It was hilarious.

No comments: