Thursday, August 17, 2006

Lunch anyone?

It's restaurant week in DC! I am not making that up; check out http://washington.org/restaurantwk/. My awesome intern, Heather, and I took advantage of this event yesterday at Galileo, one of the area's premier Italian dining experiences. You'll never believe what I ate... octopus!!! YIKES! What a delectable delecacy adventure! I actually liked it. It tasted like calamari except it wasn't as chewy. The texture on the tentacles weirded me out. I don't eat octopus everyday, so I decided not to let the funny bumps bother me. As for asthetics, which from what I understand is a major aspect of fine dining, those little 8 armed fishies just aren't pretty. No swirling pesto sauce and diced cherry tomatoes are going to redeem the strange looking grill on my plate. So, would I eat it again? Certainly! And I highly recommend the restaurant.

No comments: