Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Update

I never understood why people would claim they lived for the weekends. There are seven days in a week, and not enjoying the majority is quite unfortunate. However, after a year and a half of working full time, I'm beginning to understand that proclamation, and half heartedly admit that I, too, live for the weekends. (You should already know that I certainly don't live for Tuesdays.) Weekends like this last one rectify this line of thought.

Friday night, I put on my cute Adidas tank top and shorts and ran off to the courts to play in the Blake Carter Invitational tennis tournament. Ha!! Me playing tennis: a joke! Enough said before I embarrass myself. When given the choice to play more, I quickly opted to turn in the tennis shoes and raquet for a chill evening at Summer's house. Ah! I felt SO normal and comfortable hanging out with friends that I'm very much at home with... a big contrast to the foreign environment the courts offered. The evening wrapped up with conversations that put my brain into a whirl. You know, the kind where you're not sure how to interpret what was said or how you feel about it. But I will assure you that it's SO rewarding to come to a correct and full understanding of something rather than make assumptions on what you incorrectly inferred.

For a good time, I don't recommend Midas at 7:30 on a Saturday morning. After years of dealing with an okey rigged exhaust system, I finally went back to the stock version. The car sounds like new... well sort of... it's over 10 years old!

I have this friend whom I LOVE spending my weekends with. We're always in the mood to leave our lives and get out of town for an adventure (and we're really good at doing it, might I ad). This weekend, in order to satisfy in some minute fashion our joint longing to be in the mountainous west during the last week of August, we trekked out to Shenandoah National Park for a hike. The forest and unpaved cobweb strewn path is exactly what we needed. My great friend Caitlin was there too, and I will never forget running up the mountain on that path with her.

Who loves the Counting Crows?!?!? Who loves the Goo Goo Dolls?!?! Well, if you do, you're jealous of me! I saw them both in concert at the Nissan Pavilion Saturday evening. Aside from being surrounded by more cigarette smoking 14 year olds than I've seen in one concentrated place since I left South Dakota, I loved it! The crowd was young, the weather was perfect, and the rockstars were fabulous ;). The music, the ambiance, and most importantly the company made me feel alive and happy.

What an August weekend! I always say that July is my favorite month... not this year. August is taking the lead this time around.

No comments: