Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Great Girlfriends!!

Every day should start like today and end like yesterday.

Just before my alarm was scheduled to start my day, I rolled over in bed and thought, "YES! 5 more minutes!" It was 5:45 am. Typically, I set my alarm for that time with the best intentions of an early morning run; however, convincing myself to stay in bed for an hour longer and save the run until after work is commonly occuring lately. But today, I committed to my girlfriends. We've taken to the old lady bonding activity of walking. Having done it a couple times now, I think there's something magical about the moments shared with other women, my girlfriends. We talk about everything and what's said on the road, stays on the road. As early as it was and tired as I might be, I always feel excited for the day after an hour of walking as a pack up and down the hilly neighborhood. This was a good morning.

In addition, my roommates are amazing. Seriously, AMAZING! Let me tell you a few reasons why...

1. so one of my roommies is under the weather a bit with an ear infection. She slept all day yesterday and as a result was up and at it by 5 this morning. She cleaning our house when I woke up this morning.

2. I invited her along for the walk. The more the merrier!!

3. Then, since she is not going into work again today, she made the rest of us breakfast-- eggs, bacon, and cinnamon coffee cake.

4. She's an angel. Seriously. She serenaded breakfast with harp music. The theme song to Anne of Green Gables brings tears to my eyes!

The rest of my roommies are just as wonderful! We have an attitude of service in our house that makes it wonderful to come home.

And one more comment about amazing girlfriends. A bunch of girls gathered last night for joint visiting teaching/pizza/movies night. I ended up hanging out with them late into the evening, and what a joyous occasion it was! I might not have gone to bed when I was planning, but friendships are worth it.

2 comments:

jocie said...

charlee,
girl's night was so fun. sure it took longer than expected, but i think it was worth it. i love you my visiting teaching companion and friend.
jocie

ANJ said...

ps. i would have loved to be there with you