Monday, October 23, 2006

Candy Craving

I don't crave candy very often. I love sweets, but generally go for baked goods verses pure sugar. But when I do, the solution is simple: Mambas! Mambas are fun for many reasons.

1. They are the perfect combination between chewy and soft.
2. You never know what combination of flavors you're going to get.
3. No matter what combination you get, you're going to be happy because all flavors are tasty.
4. They come in sub-packs. I think that makes intake control more feasable and then they last longer.
5. The sub-pack makes you feel like you get 3 candies for the price of 1.
6. They're my favorite candy.

Just a few minutes ago I experienced the crave. I set out to give it satisfaction and thus paid a visit to the nearest street corner hot dog stand. The man in front of me ordered a dog with onions, one strip of katchup and lots of mustard. He noticed me behind with just Mambas in hand. After making a comment about how I stand like a ballerina, he asked the lady to not make me wait and let me go ahead of him. For a second, I thought I was going to get the cute girl discount. That was not the case, but I appreciated his kindness altogether.

I HATE it when I'm in an elevator and someone holds it for a late comer. I impatiently think, "we have 4 floors to stop at already and here's another one." So coming back from my Mamba acquisition, an elevator door in my lobby started the shut-down just as I approached. To my surprise, a nice person reached out to stop it so I could board. I stepped on and thought, "I'm the annoying elevator person today." So to make up for it, I turned around and offered Mambas to the whole elevator! I had no takers, but everyone laughed.

This series of events got me thinking about how kindness isn't hard to do and how it really can make someone's day.

And just fyi... I got strawberry, rasberry and lemon in today's package. Better luck next time, Orange.

No comments: