Friday, October 06, 2006

Grey's Marathon!

Watching medical sitcoms is my latest craze. My roommates and I cozied up this rainy evening with pizza, carmel corn, and blankets to watch hours on end of Grey's Anatomy.

And, I watched 4 episodes of House last weekend. I like it better than Grey's because they spend more time figuring out diseases than they spend focusing on the soap opera-esque love lives of the hospital interns. No health care professional should be as rude and tactless as Dr. House is. He is a jerk. I appreciate his stark honesty, but I like to think that he can find a kinder way to make his patients face the truth in their lives. Also, I think some of his decisions and approaches are less than entirely ethical.

I wish I would have been a doctor. I think it'd be really cool to know all the things they know about the human body and to help people who are suffering. I also think it'd be interesting to solve the problems people come in with. To take in all the evidence, then to apply my knowledge to diagnos and treat them.

I admire something about the doctors I know. They sideline experience a part of life on a daily basis that the rest of us only deal with when we or someone near to us is ill.

No comments: