Friday, December 29, 2006

Lessons learned in 06

I love this time of year because it is a time of contemplation and recommitment. 2006 was a good year to be 24. Here are a few lessons I learned.

In 2006 I learned to...

1. Stand up for myself.
2. Give when I can.
3. Eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full.
4. Love where I live.
5. Take myself seriously (PA School, here I come!)
6. The value of doing my best and what happens when I don't.
7. Fall in love.
8. Let go of love.
9. The importance of establishing net worth when you're young.
10. The reward of living with wonderful roommates.
11. Exercize as much as I can.
12. I'm happy happy happy!
13. Not play games: be hard to hurt, not hard to get.
14. The power of attitude.
15. What I want to be when I grow up.
16. Set and accomplish goals.
17. What it's like to be in the lime light.
18. Make friends with strangers. (Don't worry - I'm not stupid about this one.)
19. Appreciate my body - I can't complain about what I've been given.
20. Love and share the Gospel!
21. Be confident - say what I know like I know it.
22. The joy of taking care of myself.
23. The importance of reporting, accounting, and saving.
24. What the hydrolic system of a car is.
25. Deal with insurance.
26. Stay put - be satisfied and grounded in the present.
27. Things don't always turn out the way I want them to.

These come in no particular order. Every lesson can be linked to a situation or experience that requires a greater explanation, but I'll save you the saga!

No comments: