Thursday, December 14, 2006

Lifetime Accomplishment!

Goal driven people often have a list of adventures, experiences, ideas, etc. that they hope to accomplish during their life. Does anyone out there want to climb Mt. Everest? How about run a marathon, ride in a helicopter, or cross the Pamana Canal? My best friend wants to be able to order "the regular" at a cafe.

Well, on Saturday, as I was running along the Patomac River, I put a big check in the box next to an item on my list! Are you ready for this?!

I was in the shadow of an airplane! I've always wanted to be in the shadow of an airplane!

Think about it - what are the chances? I'm a moving target; an airplane is a swiftly moving target; because of the rotation of the earth, the sun's angle is a moving target; skies could be cloudy; it might be night time.

So alas, the sun, the plane, and I aligned. For about .2 seconds I experienced pure bliss!

Now I'm set to work on my next big check off the list...

1 comment:

ANJ said...

haha, that's a hilarious life goal. am i the one mentioned in the post? i need a cafe!

could you keep up with the plane?