Sunday, February 25, 2007

Where is for lovers?

I live in Virginia and have yet to figure out exactly how the phrase "Virginia is for Lovers" was coined. I mean, there is some beautiful scenary and all, but there´s nothing about the state has created a spark for me. Let me tell you about a place that is for lovers...

Cross the Atlantic and skip over the country of Colubus´ maiden voyage and you find the oldest country in the world. Spain. And yes, this place is for lovers.

I am here, in Spain, to spend a week with some family on the southern end of it, particularly Estepona. Í spent today in Madrid and one of the dominant observations i´ve made is that these people are all hooked up and they don´t mind showing it to the world.

Aside from lovers, I found myself a hostal for the night, figured out the metro system, fed myself, and spent the afternoon exploring streets and the halls of the Museo del Prado. It´s like walking through my art history text book.

Let´s just say, I love my life!!!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Sweet. Have fun over there.

I think the phrase is to attract tourists to Virginia.