Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I'm Back!

Wow! What an experience! I am so proud of myself for making Uganda happen! Going was the most fulfilling, challenging, and revealing experience I've ever had. I learned so much and in just a few months gained more growth and development than I ever could have imagined. I have much much more to say and tell about my experience so please continue to check my postings over the next few weeks as I wrap up a few more stories.

I was so sad to leave, but it's good to be home and I have much to look forward to.

I still have the same phone number and email address so feel free to give me a buzz or drop me a note. I love talking about Uganda so I want to hear from everyone of you!

Thank you! thank you! thank you! to all who lended support, read my blog, kept in touch, donated money, encouraged me, helped to get me there, and did (and do) many other things for me. SO many people had a hand in my journey to Uganda. I can't begin to tell you all how grateful I am and wish for each of you to know that I appreciate your part in my life!

Now I'm off to my next adventure! What ever that might be...

8 comments:

Wendy said...

That picture at the top of your blog is the coolest thing I have ever seen!

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

I liked the banner picture as well.

Great to see you back!

Katie Voorhees said...

We love you and are glad to have you home! I loved reading your blog while you were gone, but especially love the pictures. So cool!

Taryn said...

yay! welcome back! i didn't know if you would be back before we left.

we can start walking again :)

Katelyn said...

hey lady- how are you... i am glad you are home safe and sound!! :) i will have to catch up on your blog since i just found it yesturday.... love you- glad your home. ~ katelyn

Brad and Karen said...

We have traded places...you back to the US, and we, just arriving in Kampala on Cinco de Mayo after a couple of long flights from SLC. We are getting settled...have done rounds at the markets, obtained a cell phone, and even taken a day trip to Jinja. We have started a blog, if you want to stay in touch with Uganda for the next 18 months!wilkesmission.blogspot.com

Karen & Brad

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait to hear in person all about it!

Uncle Gordy