Friday, May 09, 2008

Uganda must sees - you don't want to miss them!

A visit to Uganda should include many great attractions. Let me show you what I mean.

Mohingo Lodge at Lake Mburo in Southwest Uganda



Perfect pool at Mohingo Lodge

Now this is Africa.Zebras are so wild.Mohingo dining room and reception.Home sweet home for a night.Elands, gazelles, water buck, etc. everywhere.Uganda's crested crane.
And of course, Pumbas.

Sipi Falls in Central UgandaFirst waterfall. Second Falls.
View from inside the cave.
Above the third falls.
Fourth falls.
Third falls.

Our banda -Katie, Ruth and I loved this place.
Our view.

The Equator

0.00 degrees latitude - I'm an official member of the International Equator Club.

And yes, it's really true that water goes clockwise north of the equator and counter-clockwise south of it. And right on the equator, water funnels right down the middle.

Mountain Gorillas! - Northwestern Uganda

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera (yes, I woke up quite bright that day). As soon as Scott shares his pics with me, I'll have some to share.

Murchison Falls - Western Uganda

Scroll down to see safari photos from Murchison.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Awesome. You saw all this in 3 months?

I believe they are called wart hogs, but i like the Lion King reference.

Andrea Coles said...

Wow!! I had no idea you have been in Uganda. What an amazing opportunity, I'm so jealous. What the heck are you going to do to keep yourself busy now that you're back? I'm sure the US isn't quite as fun as Africa.

Lauralee Altice said...

Wow Charlee...those pictures are so beautiful! I am jealous!